Tuesday, May 10, 2011

NYX Haul

So for Mother's Day my husband took me out to lunch after church and then to Ulta and said as he opened the door..."Have at it babe". I couldn't have been happier because NYX cosmetics were buy 2 get 1 free so I was a very happy mama to say the least. I bought some lip liners, lip glosses, eyeliners, etc. So I'm going to review the things I bought and just give my honest opinion about them.

NYX Studio Liquid Liner












I bought a few different colors of this and the pigmentation was great. It lasted all day, no runs, didn't lose any depth of color or anything. The liquid is just the right consistency and it dries rather quickly. If you want a great pin up look with the bold cat eye type liner, this would work great! If I had to give a numerical review, I would say 4 out of 5 and the only reason I say that is because the actual wand that you use to apply the liner (which is the cap) is so long that it's hard to get to your own eye, for me anyway. I like shorter applicators so you can get in there and get precise application. I wasn't able to rest my hand on my cheek like I do with other eyeliners to apply it. I had to have quite the steady hand to put it on myself. So bottom line...I would buy this again but maybe for client use not myself. Here is the link to NYX website so you can see all the colors and stuff. http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/products/eyes/liquid-liner/studio-liquid-liner
On to the next one.....

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss












I bought a few of these as well and I couldn't be happier! The shine is off the charts on these. They last about as long as any other good gloss (I get to about lunch before I have to reapply so maybe 5 hours? and that's with the lip liner also) There is no sticky feeling or heaviness to it. My favorite color is PERFECT (that's the name of it, perfect). I can wear this over any lipstick or lip liner and it adds just the right hint of color and loads of shine. It has like a grape flavor to it so no foul smell or anything. NYX has lots of colors to choose from so it was really hard to pick just a few, but I can always go back right??? :) Here are some pictures I found of swatches of the colors. You can see how pigmented these are!




I give this 5 out of 5. I couldn't find anything wrong with any of the colors I chose. Here is the link to check out the other colors and stuff: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/products/lips/lip-gloss/mega-shine-lip-gloss

Tomorrow I will review the other things that I bought and let you know what I thought about those. I hope you like this review and it helps you in choosing some great products from Ulta or NYX Cosmetics!

No comments: