Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BIRCHBOX CAME!!!!

Well my first shipment of Birchbox samples came in last week. It was so fun to be surprised by what was inside. The box was packaged very nicely and the size of the samples did not disappoint! Here is a link to what I got on May's shipment ----> http://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox/birchbox-may2011-bb4/?utm_source=weekly-blast&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2011-05-18_bvlgari_2

Here is a picture of the actual samples I received:















And now for my thoughts on what I got. I loved the packaging, I loved the surprise of it all but I wasn't too happy with the some of the samples :( Here is a run down of each product and what I thought about it.

AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Hand Cream:


The sample size was very generous! When I first put the cream on my hands the smell almost made me gag. It smells like something my great great grandma would wear. Now remember this is only my opinion! Some people like the more "matured" smell but not me! I want to smell like my age not Grandma's. The smoothness was amazing and it kept my hands very moist. I loved that it was a mineral product. I will use this until it's gone as I don't like to waste but I'm finding that putting in on before I go to bed, helps me handle the smell more, and when I wake up my hands feel so smooth and soft. So I give this a 2 out of 5 :( Here is the link to the information on the website -----> http://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox/birchbox-may2011-bb4/ahava-mineral-hand-lotion






Stila Eye Shadow in Mimosa:







 Again the size of the compact sample was awesome! I could use this over and over again. I received the sample color Mimosa (see sample swatches below). I was quite excited to get this color because I'm trying to venture out into brighter colors instead of the everyday natural tones so I couldn't wait to try this. (I'm actually wearing it today). Ok so when I rubbed my finger across the sample it seemed very pigmented. One swipe and the color was bright and bold on my finger. I used an eye brush to apply it was a little disappointed that it took so much to create color....so I wet down my brush and wow the color popped! For me it's just the right amount of color, not too much and not too little. There is a pretty shimmer to it too so that added some shine to my lid but just enough. I've never tried Stila products so maybe now I will since I liked this one so much..... I give this a 5 out of 5! Here is the link to the website -----> http://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox/birchbox-may2011-bb4/stila-eyeshadows
.


















BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir Perfume:



This is NOT for me at all. I was breath taken (literally) by the strength of this perfume. The size was your typical perfume sample size and it came surrounded by a card that explains the scent. Again this to me reminded me of something Grandma would wear (the Grandma that wears a lot of glitter and bright red shoes and orange lipstick lol) I hate to give bad reviews on anything so I will leave it at...this is NOT for me at all.
I give this a 0 out of 5 (sorry) :(  Here is the link to the website ----> http://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox/birchbox-may2011-bb4/bvlgari-mon-jasmin-noir







Archipelago Pomegranate Soap:



The sample size of this was about the same that you would find in a high end hotel. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this soap! The scent is soft but yet leaves your skin feeling and smelling ah-mazing! I'm realizing that I love anything pomegranate :) I wish I could have received everything you see here in the picture but maybe that's the whole point huh? Tease you with the soap so you'll buy the entire kit. I can't imagine being disappointed with this at all! I wish I could send the scent to each of you! I give this a 5 out of 5. I will for sure use this up fast! Here is the link to order it -----> http://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox/birchbox-may2011-bb4/archipelago-pomegranate-gift-set



Tinyprints Card:



This little card is adorable! The card stock is very think and the website has tons of different cards to chose from. www.tinyprints.com is where you can find these cards or through www.birchbox.com also. The card is 5 inches tall by 3.5 inches wide. You can design so many different cards. And the ideas are endless for what you can do with them! I give this a 5 out of 5, they are super cute!
Here is the link to the website ------> http://www.tinyprints.com/greeting/product/14012/blank_inside_greeting_cards_blue_bird.html


And that's about it. I love knowing each month I'm getting something new to try! And remember if you sign up to receive the samples and you order through Birchbox's website, there are great incentives!!

I hope you liked this review! If you decide to order these super awesome little goodies each month, let me know! I'd love to hear what you thought about your samples :)

Be blessed!

No comments: