Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prom Tutorial

Ok before anyone expects to see a video I want to apologize for not having one! I was trying to download the software that I need and for whatever reason I wasn't able to download it...SO I decided to do pictures yet again and yes with my phone camera :(. This time I used my daughter instead of me since it's a prom look. I found it appropriate to use someone in the prom age range (and we all know I'm not that). :) Without anymore waiting, here you go.... 2011 Prom look:

  • Here is Shaylee's eye without any makeup or primer.
  • I put NYX white primer all over her lid from the brow bone down to the lash line.

  • For the eyeshadow I used Maybelline Charcoal Smokes Quad Palette. I added the brow bone color all over the lid and up to the brow bone and then the Lid color I patted on just the lid and blended that just barely into the brow bone color.

  • Then I added the Crease color to the crease of her eye and blended that out and added the Outer Corner color to the outer corner and then a soft brown to tone down the greys from the 28 Palette Coastal Scents. 

  • Once everything was blended I used L'Oreal Le Kohl Pencil in Carbon Black (this is perfect for blending and creating a smokey eye) and also Too Faced Stiletto eyeshadow to seal everything, filled in her eyebrows with a brown eyeliner and then finished with L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara.

  • Here are a couple pictures of the eyes up close and one in the sun light

  • And here is the total look after pinkish peachy blush and soft pink lips :)


I hope everybody enjoys this tutorial! It's super easy because the colors in the Maybelline palette are titled LID, CREASE, etc and you just follow that. I added a few extra things to tone down the colors since I was working on a teenager. I didn't want anything to overpower her natural beauty or make her look like anything but herself with just a touch of something extra :)

Here is a picture of the shadow quad I used and you can see where it's marked which one to use. The colors can be much deeper so it's great for the older person too. I just kept it light for obvious reasons. The shimmer in this palette is so pretty too! It's more shimmer than matte for sure.

Here is a list of everything that I used today
  • Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
  • Palladio Rice Powder
  • Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing Powder in 010 Brighten
  • Rimmel 005 Pure lip liner
  • BH Cosmetics for the blush and lip gloss
  • Along with everything else I listed on this post

Let me know what you think! I'd love to get feedback on how I'm doing :)

Be Blessed Always




2 comments:

Mary C said...

very pretty

Jodi Shavon said...

Thank you Mrs.M. for the comment! I really appreciate it! Stay tuned for more after the weekend :)