Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FINALLY A MAC DUPE THAT'S WORTH LOOKING AT!!!

I am so stoked to share this treasure with you guys!! I have been looking high and low for dupes because let's face it, not everyone (including myself) can afford $30 eyeshadow pans. So I've been digging into every beauty blog I could find and I would check out the comparisons at the mall between what they would say was a good dupe for MAC shadows or any other expensive beauty product to the dupe they had listed. I've done my research on this one people! I would take my lil list of dupes and swipe my heart out on expensive shadows, etc and then head to Ulta or Sephora and swipe the dupe (if it was available) and this list I have included is by far the closest I've come to almost exact dupes. I've also included the link to the blogger's website so you could check out what other people are adding because it's quite amazing! I don't know about you guys but I'm so excited about this! Finally we can get some good dupes! Now I will say this, MAC by far has great pigmented, long lasting, products so there can never be a replacement to MAC but you can always substitute until you are in the position to buy the more expensive brands. I think people "pick" on MAC so much because they are so great! Also, and I can't stress this enough, a good canvas will make for a great picture so make sure your cleansing regimen and primer application is never skimped on! You can use less expensive products as long as you take care of your skin and apply primer!!! It's isn't a waste of money I promise. Great primers are Smashbox primer and Urban Decay Primer Potion. You can't go wrong with these. OK enough of my jabbering! Here is the list! ENJOY!!

MAC Dupe Forum

Dupe: In the makeup world, a duplicate product. An item similar to another item from a different brand; a substitute product. Often a dupe is referred to as an inexpensive alternative to a high end item.







I'd like to devote this blog post completely to MAC dupes. Thanks to my email buddy Maria for giving me the idea. I'm going to create a link on the side of my blog so this post will always be easily accessible.
**************************
Here's how it will work- If you know of some affordable duplicates to ANY MAC products- eyeshadow, blush, foundation, lipgloss... anything... leave a comment and tell me what they are. Then I'll post them right here to this page so they'll be organized for everyone to see. (I'll be updating as often as I can.) If you don't have a Blogger account and would rather send me an email, you can do that too: beautybroadcast@hotmail.com


If the "dupe" product does not have a name-- for example if your dupe is part of a palette-- please provide a description. EXAMPLE: "the light shade in the L'oreal HIP duo in Sculpted"-- or-- "the deep brown shade in the Cover Girl Country Woods quad." Also-- I WILL post multiple dupe products for one MAC item- if you have a different suggestion from the one posted- that's ok!
*********************************
BRUSHES:
  • 134= Coastal Scents Large Paddle Face brush
  • 136= Loew Cornell Maxine's Mop 1 inch brush
  • 150= Loew Cornell XXL Brown brushes (goat hair)
  • 187= Sonia Kashuk Highlighting BrushCoastal Scents Duo Fiber Stippling Brush, Flirt! Skunk Brush,
  • 190= Loew Cornell 1 inch Filbert brush
  • 194= Loew Cornell #8 Filbert brush
  • 224= Coastal Scents Sable Blending Brush
  • 226= Coastal Scents Tapered Blending Brush, Sonia Kashuk Blending Brush (dark curvy)
  • 228= Loew Cornell Maxine's Mop 1/4 brush
  • 239= Loew Cornell Maxine's Mop 3/8 brush
  • 242= Loew Cornell Filbert 7500 C
EYELINER:
  • Fluidline in Black Track= Coastal Scents Gel Liner in True Black, L'oreal HIP Cream Liner in Black

EYESHADOW:
  • All that Glitters= NYX Champagne
  • Amber Lights= Milani Sun Goddess, NYX Golden
  • Black Tied= Milani Storm, Prestige Onyx
  • Brulee= NYX Nude
  • Carbon= NYX Black
  • Coppering= Milani Flare
  • Cork= NYX Dark Brown
  • Creme de Violet= Aromaleigh's Pure Eyes Frost Eyeshadow in Desire
  • Dementhe= Milani Clover
  • Electric Eel= Milani Atlantis
  • Guacamole= Milani Limbo lime
  • Humid= Milani Clover, Ulta Shamrock
  • Jest= Milani Peachy Peach
  • Juxt= Milani Garden Mist
  • Little Madam= Milani Illusion
  • Mulch= Milani Java Bean
  • Naked Lunch= NYX Sahara
  • Nocturnelle= Milani Shock
  • Nylon= NYX Barely There
  • Paradisco= NYX Tropical or CoverGirl Tropical Fusion Quad (orange shade)
  • Partait Amour= Milani Enchantment
  • Passionate= NYX Cherry
  • Perverted Pearl= Milani Silver Bullet
  • Pink Freeze= Milani Taffy
  • Plum Dressing= L'oreal HIP duo in Cheeky
  • Sable= Milani Java Bean
  • Satin Taupe= NYX Root Beer, NYX Iced Mocha, L'oreal HIP Duo in Sassy (taupe shade)
  • Shadowy Lady= L'oreal HIP duo in Wicked (purple side)
  • Shale= Milani Icy Plum
  • Shroom= Milani Classic Beige or Jordana's Beige
  • Sketch= Milani Marooned
  • Stars 'n' Rockets= Milani Shock
  • Steamy= Milani Clover
  • Sumptuous Olive= Milani Antiqued Gold
  • Vanilla= Milani Snow Frost, Cover Girl single in French Vanilla
  • Vellum= Milani Moonlight
  • Wedge= L'oreal HIP duo in Shady
  • Woodwinked= Milani Golden Bronze, L'oreal HIP duo in Wicked (brown side)

  • Mineralized Eyeshadow Duo in Two to Glow= L'oreal HIP Duo in Flare
FOUNDATION:
  • Studio Fix Fluid= Revlon Colorstay
LIP BALM:
  • GENERAL: MAC Tendertones= L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm
LIPSTICK:
  • Creme d'Nude= Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude
  • Myth= Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude
  • Viva Glam V= NYC Cafe
PAINT:
  • Bare Canvas= L'oreal HIP Paint in Secretive
PAINT POTS:
  • Blackground= Mad Minerals Cream Shadow in Carbon
  • Indianwood= Mad Minerals Cream Shadow in Bronze Frost
  • Painterly= Mad Minerals Cream Shadow in Bare Necessity
  • Rubenesque= Mad Minerals Cream Shadow in Apricot Frost
PALETTES:
  • MAC Palettes= Coastal Scents 4 piece & 15 piece palettes (hold same size pan), also http://www.starsmakeuphaven.com/ has empty palettes that hold 15 and 28 shadows


PIGMENTS:
  • Antique Gold= Splash eye sparkles in Caribbean Bronze
  • Golden Lemon= Splash eye sparkles in Golden Beach
  • Pink Bronze= Pure Luxe in Fresh
  • Vanilla= Pure Luxe in Copper Aura

PLEASE READ! Disclaimer--The recommendations posted to this blog are not my own. They are the ideas of others who view this blog. Please do not hold me personally responsible for any duplicate products that you do not like. I trust that those who offer recommendations have also TRIED the MAC item they're comparing it to, and legitimately believe they are offering a true duplicate product.


Here is the link to her awesome blog ------> www.beautybroadcast.net

Be sure and check out her blog to see what other viewers are recommending for MAC dupes. Also, if you have used something that compares to MAC products and you don't see it listed, please let me know or email her at the email address given above and she will add it.

No comments: